- Make a content upgrade for the site owner
- ask for a link back credit
- Exclusive, original infographic
- Offer to write a few unique paragraphs to accompany the offered contribution
Submit your URL
- <title>Keyword Phrase, Keyword Phrase, Keyword Phrase - Company Name</title>
- <title>Birthday Cakes Los angeles, Best Cake, Bakery Los Angeles - Little Cake Shop</title>
- <meta name="description" content="Cakes Los Angeles maker Little Cake Shop is your best choice for Birthday Cakes, Wedding Cakes and more! (800) 555-5555" />
- <meta name="keywords" content="Cakes Los Angeles, Best Cakes, Bakery Los Angeles" />
- <h1>This is heading 1</h1>
- <h2>This is heading 2</h2>
- <h3>This is heading 3</h3>
- <h4>This is heading 4</h4>
- <h5>This is heading 5</h5>
- <h6>This is heading 6</h6>
Alt Image Attributes
- <img src="smiley.gif" alt="Smiley face" />
Bold, Italics, Underline, Capitalization
- <i>Italic text</i>
- <b>Bold text</b>
- Footer Menu
- Site Index
- Menu Titles
- Bullet List
- Larger Text
- Please make a list of possible keywords your clientele might type into Google to find what you offer. Type one keyword phrase per line, single-spaced, with no commas.
Keyword List Example
- Los Angeles Cakes
- Cakes Los Angeles
- Los Angeles Cake
- Best Cakes
- Best Bakery
Google Keyword Planner
What is SEO?
- Search Engine Optimization
- Your placement/rank on organic search results on search engines
How to Analyze a Site for SEO
- What is your site about?
- Who is your target audience?
- What is your main source of income?
How much traffic is your site getting?
- What is the Alexa Traffic Rank?
How much traffic is your site getting EXACTLY?
- Google Analytics
What is your Google PageRank?
About how many backlinks do you have?
Let’s see your page source
- Let’s see your page source including the Title, Description and Tags.
Let’s see your competition
- Repeat steps for your competitors’ websites
Google's algorithm is constantly changing. A study of top 30 search results on Google for 10000 different keywords was completed by Searchmetrics.
High quality content that adds value to the reader has increased in importance. Simply having a keyword phrase in a re-worded article won't cut it on its own. Have a longer length with a larger word count along with an easier readability (Flesch readability) has also been emphasized. The page can increase its relevance by covering related topics (and keyword phrases) as well that are related to the main topic.
Websites with a better user experience and organization also tended to rank higher. This can include bulleted lists, clean menus, mobile friendly templates, tablet friendly design, and suggested internal. relevant content.
Backlink value and strategy and changed a lot over the years. New site backlinks were found associated with many high-ranking sites. The goal seems to place higher value on backlinks that were earned from having high-quality content.
To get a FREE 30 minute Audio on SEO Click Here
To get the Full Course on How to Do SEO Click Here
This article is not just about how to pick a domain name, but how to pick a good domain name. Yes, it would be cool to have a snappy, multi-million dollar, successful website address and company named after your cat Fluffy. However, several factors must be taken into account before picking a domain name or website URL.
First, does your domain name pass the telephone test? This means, if you were to simply say the name of your site over the phone, would the person on the other end know how to spell your website without you having to spell it for them? Therefore, the name of a site could be BasketSEO.com and not BazzketSEO.com, DaBasketSEO.com, BasketSEOz.com, BaascetSE0.com, etc.
Second, if the .com for your desired name is not available for your commercial company, don’t settle for the .net, .org., .me, .us, .biz, etc. If you spend all your time marketing for your .net, a significant portion of your traffic that is trying to get to your page will type in .com on accident. So, while you are marketing and advertising for your .net site, you are also marketing to whoever owns the .com version of your domain name as well and losing traffic in the process!
Finally, branding is great, but don’t underestimate the value of using actual keyword phrases that people search for into the domain name of your company. For example, if someone is searching for SEO and types SEO into Google and our site, www.BasketSEO.com comes up in the search listings, then the “SEO” part of our domain will come up in bold. Seeing what you type into Google’s search box come up in bold in the domain name of a listing draws people to want to click on it. Have your SEO specialist come up with a list of keyword phrases people search for in your industry to give you ideas on a great, practical domain name.
When you are ready to buy your domain name and do a search, be ready to buy it on the spot. Simply waiting a couple hours could result in someone else buying that domain name before you and trying to sell it back to you for a premium or worse, using it to make a competing company.
Google page rank is a mathematical algorithm used by Google that reflects the importance of a webpage on a scale of 0 to 10 with 10 being the most important and 0 being put least important. This mathematical algorithm takes into account more than 500 million variables and 2 billion terms.
in recent months, Google has stated that Google page rank may have less impact on your SEO and Google ranking/position. Though, with 500 million different variables taken into account there is bound to be some overlap. For example, some overlap could include the age of your site and quality of sites that link back to your site.
Google page rank also has use in helping you determine the quality of the site that is linking back to yours and the quality of the sites you are doing business with.
When you link to other sites, you are casting a vote for that site with your Google PageRank. With more outbound links on your site, you are more Google Page Rank.
Your Google page rank well improve naturally over time as you develop your site and work with a reputable SEO.